What’s this career all about?
Environmental Engineering is the integration of engineering and problem solving to improve the natural environment and to protect our natural resources. They help provide healthy water, air, and land for all organisms.
What kind of courses do Environmental Engineers study in school?
- Agricultural engineering
- Wastewater Treatment
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Air Pollution Control
What are some cool projects that Environmental Engineers get to work on?
- Measuring the amount of pollution that goes into our air each day
- Design methods to accurately measure acid rain, car emissions, ozone depletion
- Invent better ways to recycle paper, plastic, and glass
- Study Green Buildings for quality living
What are qualities of a Environmental Engineer?
- Love the Outdoors
- Able to work well in groups
- Creativity/Innovation Skills
- Active Learning-understanding the need to learn more information as the future progresses
How do Environmental Engineers contribute to making the world a better place?
Environmental Engineers contribute to making our world a better place by improving our natural environment in creative ways. They develop and pursue ideas that are made to improve our everyday life. They weigh different options for many engineering projects and speak up with an alternative idea if they believe that the project will have a negative affect on the environment. Environmental Engineers keep animals, eco-systems and fresh resources in mind when trying to improve our everyday life.