See the whole project over at: Theottolbox.com
As the weather gets warmer and the summer days arrive, try your hand at making this neat baking soda and vinegar powered boat! Get outside, enjoy the fresh air and marvel at the wonders of simple engineering with your new creation.
- Styrofoam egg carton (or other plastic-coated material)
- 1 Plastic Bottle Cap
- Electrical Tape
- Two 2 inch Pieces of Drinking Straw
- Baking Soda
- White Vinegar
- Cut out a small triangular boat shape from your styrofoam egg carton or similar material.
- Use the electrical tape to take down the plastic bottle cap to make a small bowl on top of your boat.
- Tape your two pieces of drinking straw side by side, with one end sticking into the bottle cap and the other sticking out. Please be sure that your straws are secure, and parallel to the water.
- Fill the bottle cap with baking soda.
- Place the completed boat in water.
- Pour vinegar into the bottle cap, and watch your boat sail!