What’s this career all about?
Electrical engineering involves the design, construction, and operation of different electrical and electronic systems.
Electrical engineers work with electricity in many different ways to create some of the coolest and most essential technology. Working both on the macro and micro level, their work could include electronics, communications systems, power grids, medical imagery, as well as many other fascinating topics.
What kind of courses do Electrical Engineers study in school?
- Biomedical Signals Analysis
- Digital System Design Automation
- Applied Mathematical Methods
- Electronics, Circuits and Systems
What are some cool projects that Electrical Engineers get to work on?
- Creating innovative computers like Google Glass
- Improve satellite communications systems that bring people around the world closer together
- Developing artificial retinas for the blind
- Coming up with better MRI scanners that would allow doctors to see a patient’s body even more clearly
What are qualities of a Electrical Engineer?
- Curious about knowing HOW AND WHY things work the way they do
- Good math skills
- Analytical aptitude
- Passionate about learning
How do Electrical Engineers contribute to making the world a better place?
Electrical engineers have provided us with technology. Without them, we would be living in the 1800s, with no phones, no lighting, no computers, and no electricity. They have made it easier to connect with people, including those living far away, and it has given us more time with lights. Lights have allowed people to work, eat, and live after the sun goes down.